What if we told you that one of the unique ways to travel the world was to cruise and visit some of the most famous and unique destinations around the Caribbean? Would you be interested to learn more about this unique way?
Well, it’s no secret that cruising gets a bad rap and not without reason. The thought of getting seasick while on vacation seems to undermine much of the allure of cruising, so it’s no wonder that many people avoid it altogether. What many people don’t know is that cruising can be a particularly enjoyable way for couples to travel. Whether you’re embarking on a week-long cruise for honeymooners or planning a spring break getaway for family, cruise lines offer packages designed to accommodate every budget and travel style.
The Best Destinations To Look Forward To
A trip to a tropical destination is always a great experience on the topic of Caribbean cruises. The more, the merrier. The Caribbean has an abundance of beautiful beaches and islands, so it’s no surprise that many cruise lines are offering itineraries that visit several of these destinations in one week. Depending on the cruise line that you choose, here are the destinations on a Caribbean cruise that you are likely to visit:
• Cozumel, Mexico – Cozumel is one of the best places to go in Mexico. This is part of the Yucatán Peninsula, and it’s a great place to go to dive. There are also a bunch of different ways to have fun in Cozumel. There is a great family dive place called Caleta. You can rent snorkeling equipment there, and the staff will show you around.
• Kings Wharf, Bermuda – From the Emerald Isle to the Caribbean, Bermuda has it all. If you enjoy a little history and a little culture, then this is the place for you. Bermuda is a place of natural beauty with a distinct ethnic mix, and it has long been a favourite among American travelers. While the islands have only one airport, it is also a multi-island hub, with direct flights to destinations across the globe. The best of Bermuda is that it is friendly and welcoming, and this is a great place to stop and stay for a while.
• Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands – Though the island is small, it is known for its beautiful beaches, deep-sea coral and coral reef, and world-class snorkeling. Since it is a popular tourist destination, many tourists flock to the island each year to explore its rich history, magnificent architecture, and vibrant culture. On a Caribbean Cruise, visitors get the opportunity to tour the island, enjoy the climate, and learn about the culture of the Cayman Islands.
• Cococay, Bahamas – is a small, unassuming island located in the western Caribbean Sea just off the coast of the island of Hispaniola. It is known for its beautiful beaches, warm weather, and excellent scuba diving and snorkeling. Although relatively small, it is very diverse, featuring a mixture of tropical hardwood forests, beaches, and mangroves, as well as lush foliage.
• Grand Turk, Turks, and Caicos – is one of the most popular islands, and the reason is simple… it’s a beautiful paradise. It’s where everyone wants to go, from first time travelers to seasoned travelers. While there are some obvious nearby places to go, the Turks and Caicos is not a place that you visit once. After all, as long as you’re here, you want to hike around, snorkel, and explore its hundreds of unspoiled beaches. However, before you go to any of those, you must first go to the top of the island – Grand Turk.
• St Thomas, US Virgin Islands – is a popular stop to visit on a Caribbean cruise. It is a smaller island with a population of about 45,000. St. Thomas has a popular freshwater beach where visitors often swim, snorkel, kayak, and do other casual water activities. Well, make sure you know the basics of these water sports before attempting them. For instance, if you want to go kayaking, you should have a basic idea about how to paddle a kayak. If you don’t have basic knowledge about the sport, it can be dangerous as you may have the risk of drowning under the waves. Therefore, it is advisable to make informed decisions and enjoy the island to the fullest. You can find the island’s most famous attraction, Punta Cana Airport on the island. It is the only airport in the world that allows you to take off and land on water.
The Caribbean is a part of the world that is often considered the final frontier of travel. With several activities on the adventurous side like Scuba Diving, snorkeling, surfing, and such, you could be assured that you would find yourself an activity to enjoy. Conversely, you could also find numerous places to visit by trekking or by road, many sights to see, islands to explore, lounging to do, and a great deal more.
As such, its popularity is unmatched with so much to offer. Whether you want to get a taste of life on the islands or forever be left in their comfortable embrace for the rest of your life, there is a Caribbean adventure for you.