It is the most wonderful time of year…for road trips! Whether you’re planning a long trek across the country or just a quick weekend getaway, these fun family road trip activities will keep everyone entertained and engaged.
Fun Activities for the Whole Fam!
Road trip adventure is about more than just driving. When you take to the open road with your family, you can make it an adventure and a fun-filled adventure at the same time. You can include some of your favorite activities, such as playing games, taking unique photos, and many more.
Have you ever been on a road trip with your family and had your kids start begging for activities to do while on the road? Have you ever wished you could come up with some fun activities that they could do on the road but doubted that you would actually find something that they would actually like? If that is a yes, here are some ideas that will help you make the most of your trip with the people you love.
- Travel Bingo — Bingo is something you can play for hours on end, and it really is a fun and competitive game for everyone in the family. Travel bingo boards can be easily found all over the place, often in supermarkets, discount stores, and even online.
- Pullover and have a picnic in the park — Have you ever thought of having a picnic in the park while you are there? The good thing about a picnic in the park compared to a picnic in the backyard is that you don’t need to bring any kitchen equipment. All you need is a blanket, some food, and some drinks, which are easy to carry around. You can make your picnic in the park more fun by getting some good fun activities for the kids too.
- Sing it — Singing is a great way to get your kids excited about all kinds of things — and for a fun family road trip activity, you can’t go wrong with singing along to songs. It’s actually a lot of fun if you can get the timing right — so better prepare a great playlist of family road trip songs or the favorite songs of each family member.
- Plan a stop at a quirky souvenir stand and other roadside attractions and take a pic — Have you ever wanted to stop at a roadside attraction, hop out of the car, and take some fun shots to post on social media? Well, now you can! The best part? You can plan your stop at a roadside attraction and have it all planned out. After you visit your first stop, you can plan another and take family photos there. Then you have a few hours to kill in the car, so you decide to stop at the quirky souvenir stand. You’ll take a few photos of the store and post them on social media. Then you plan to stop at a haunted house and take a few photos of that.
- Story Time — Kids love to tell stories about things that happen to them, and it’s a fun way to get everyone involved and be part of the memory you’ll create. Plus, it’s a fun way to have some creative fun with your kids.
- The Alphabet game — is one of the most popular family road trip activities. Some people refer to this game as alphabet blocks or as a way to learn the alphabet, and others call it a game of jumbles or as a word scramble. While everyone knows the alphabet and its sounds, it’s fun to try to spell words, and it’s also a great way to connect with your kids and teach them the basic concepts of the English language.
You will always remember the places you have traveled to and there were some great, some not so great, and even some downright horrible moments as a family on the road. When planning a trip, your mind will play tricks on you. You might think of a cool place to visit, but when you get there, it’s not what you were thinking. You will probably think of several places to visit. You will probably think of several places to visit. This is normal. The trick to planning a great road trip is to create a road trip plan and don’t forget to include fun family road trip activities to keep everyone entertained the entire trip.